Breaking into the Photographic Industry
Saturday 22 June
11:00 – 17.00
Free and exclusive for Members
This workshop, run by Lauren Winsor, LCC lecturer and freelance photographer, was an opportunity to enhance your knowledge of the photographic industry and the business side of photography.
Over the course of the day the group explored:
- How to design a creative CV
- The ins and outs of self-employment
- How to budget and plan how much you’ll need to earn in order to break-even
- Promotional strategies and the benefits of branding
- The benefits of assisting and how to be a successful assistant
- How to progress from assistant to photographer
- Pinpointing your strengths and finding your niche
- How to build and present a successful portfolio
- There was also an informal discussion of the range of opportunities within the industry other than ‘photographer’.
Booking for this event is now closed.
For information on upcoming events, click here…