Call for Submissions | SALON/19
Salon/19, our annual members’ show, is just around the corner.
We are very excited to be hosting our first Salon in the new space. The renewed sense of energy and possibility that have come with being in such a fab new space have got us thinking about changing Salon up just a bit.
So, the biggest change we are making is how we are choosing the work. We’re just getting to know and love you all too much to decide between you! So this year, we are very excited to announce that Dr. Lucy Soutter will be our Salon/19 selector. Lucy is an artist, art historian and critic. She writes for publications including Source, 1000 Words and Aperture and is the author of “Why Art Photography” (Routledge, 2nd ed 2018). She is also the Course Leader of the Photography Arts MA at the University of Westminster.
The second change we are making is that we want to see your new work, so we are accepting submissions on work that has been made in the past 18 months.
Everything else stays the same. We will have commendations to hand out on the night (we’re finalising those right now), a programme of artist talks, and a big opening party on December 5th
This show, which features the work of up to 100 of our members, is always the highlight of the year. This year, we’re including artists’ book dummies, handmade and self-published photo books in the exhibition.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Online submissions will open on September 27th.
- This opportunity is open to members only and submissions are free.
- Submissions will close 6pm on November 1st.
- You will be notified on or before November 8th as to whether your work has been selected.
- If you are successful,you can drop the work off to Photofusion on Saturday 16th November, Monday 18th November and Tuesday 19th November.
- Salon opens on December 5th.
- On the night of December 5th, a number of prizes and awards will be announced.
- Photofusion takes a 30% commission on any works that sell though our gallery.
- All work needs to have been made in the last 18months
We can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on over the past year!
Submitting to Photofusion SALON/19 is FREE. However, only active Annual or Student Members can submit.
To submit simply
upload your submission via our online form below.
Jpeg only please – max size 2480×3497 pixels @300ppi Please state “your name” “work title” and “final print size” (including any borders and frame) in mm in the file name eg. Janedoe_fredonbeach_260x100.jpeg.
Please only submit up to 6 images per submission.
SUBMIT HERE – http://photofusiondigital.org/salon-19/
Please also make sure you have your membership number to hand, if
you’re unsure please give us a ring on 020 7738 5774 or email
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: November 1st at 6PM