The Photograph: Ideas, Histories, Concepts
The programme of talks and seminars consider ways of approaching how we think through photographs. How visual languages/strategies inform the images that surround us in both the gallery and the commercial field.
The course is suitable for those who are beginning to question how photographs work on our senses, those who are hungry for debate as well as those who want to supplement their studies in photography.
Can’t afford tuition fees but want the challenge of expanding your photographic knowledge.
Here is your opportunity! The class size is limited to a maximum of 12 participants.
- 31/01: The Portrait as Performance
- 07/02: The Gaze of the Machine: Photography, Surveillance and Power
- 14/02: Surrealism, The Uncanny and the Unconscious
- 21/02: The Documentary Style: The F.S.A. and it Working Method
- 28/02: Conceptual Art and Photography
- 07/03: No Class (Reading Week)
- 14/03: The Labyrinthine City: Photography and the Everyday
- 21/03: The Photographer as Nomad
- 28/03: Beyond the Blue Horizon: Globalized Landscapes, Junkscapes and Future Wildernesses
Frank Watson has taught on both the BA and MA Photographic courses at Westminster University. He has also published two photographic books “The Hush House: Cold War Sites In England” and “Soundings from the Estuary”.
Frank also hosts The Sound Of Photography on Resonance FM https://www.resonancefm.com/programmes/5c2f74fe50000b60e9000001
“I loved seeing new work by photographers I hadn’t heard of and thinking about photography in a different way.”
“I feel I have expanded my horizons and I’ve been given lots of inputs to go deeper.”
“Learning so much in such a short space of time.”
“Really enjoyable. It pushed me to give space and time to the history of photography.”
“The range of topics covered allowed a broad foundation of introductions to theories and thinking about photography.”
“Everything has been explained in a very clear and detailed interesting way.”
Photofusion Members receive a 15% discount on all courses. This is NOT available through our online booking system – to claim the discount please call us on 020 7738 5774.