Microsoft and Thomson Reuters Foundation announce the Trust Women Photo Award
Microsoft and Thomson Reuters Foundation is inviting you to take part in this year’s annual Trust Women Photo Award, which advances women’s rights, in return for some amazing career opportunities.
Photographers and photojournalists are invited to submit an image capturing the lives and stories of remarkable women around the world, who are achieving incredible things in their communities.
One selected photo will be showcased at the Trust Women Conference on November 9-10, 2015 in London. It is the annual international event organised by the Thomson Reuters Foundation and dedicated to the advancement of women’s rights and to the fight against human trafficking.
Nine finalists as selected by Thomson Reuters Foundation, Microsoft and their prestigious judges will be sent a Microsoft Lumia 930 device to capture additional photos to be submitted to round two of the competition. They will also receive a copy of the 2014 edition of the ‘Reuters Our World Now’ photobook.
The voting period is the time to engage your friends, family and supporters to vote for your work! One photographer with the highest number of votes will automatically be included as the 10th finalist.
Out of the 10 finalists one selected photographer will receive:
- The prestigious Trust Women Photo Award
- A showcase of their photograph at the Trust Women Conference (taking place on November 9-10, 2015 in London)
- An all expenses paid trip to attend a Mobile Journalism training course
- The opportunity to have their portfolio reviewed by the Thomson Reuters Foundation multimedia team
- Exposure on Thomson Reuters Foundation, Trust Women, and Microsoft’s social channels
- An interview published on Thomson Reuters Foundation’s award-winning website trust.org
Round one submissions close on February 19th, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
Round two submissions close on March 20th, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
For more information and to enter this competition, please visit: talenthouse.com/