Print Swap Party | Buy Tickets
Wednesday 20th July 2016
19:00 – 23:00
Brixton East 1871, 100 Barrington Road, Brixton, SW9 7JF
What can you get for £25 these days?
The right to vote for the next leader of the Labour Party, maybe… two cinema tickets, or tickets to Photofusion’s Print Swap Party!
As part of our Crowdfunding campaign we dreamed up a Print Swap Party. A chance for photographers, and lovers of photography to get together, have a drink and swap prints. Due to the volume of interest we’re releasing some extra tickets to this party for members and friends that missed out first time round.
What is a Print Swap Party?
Good question…it’s a little confusing, so hopefully this example will make it make sense.
- Penny Pentax arrives at the party with her print
- She hangs her print on a numbered string
- She has a drink (on us) and catches up with her friend Hamish Hasselblad
- After an hour or so, everyone’s prints are up. Penny and Hamish pick a number from a hat, and find out what print they got
- Penny gets number 18, which is amazing, because it’s actually a signed print by her favourite artist Cassius Canon
There are a few simple rules to this fairly complicated process…
- you don’t need to be an award winning photographer
- but you can be
- all prints must be unframed and unmounted
- you don’t need to bring a photographic print
- whatever you bring, it does need to be yours to give away
- if you don’t bring a print, you can’t enter the swap
- but you can still come for the party
As well as a chance to pick up a great print, this is going to be a great big party. We’ve got DJs, a bar, and a drink on us to say thank you for helping us keep going.
This party wouldn’t be possible without the help of all of our backers, and the generous support of Brixton East 1871 who have given us free use of their stunning venue as part of their ongoing commitment to Brixton’s not-for-profit community.
See you there!