The Dos and Don’ts of attaining representation and collaborations
Thursday 23 October, 18.30 – 20.30
This event is free & exclusive to Photofusion Members. Click here for more information on Membership including the full list of Members’ Benefits.
020 7738 5774
Would you like to know the top 3 ways to get representation?
Do you know what you can put in place, to help you be more representable?
Are galleries not replying to emails or returning your calls?
Do you find it difficult to get art dealers to attend your exhibitions?
Are you itching to get new representation?
If you have answered “yes” to any of the above, this talk is for you!
Susan Mumford will outline the basics of what to do – and NOT do – to succeed in attaining representation (by an art dealer, gallerist or consultant). The content will also be relevant for artists exploring non-exclusive collaborations with galleries and other arts professionals.
As a result of the session, you will:
- Find out what you can put into place to be more attractive for representation
- Get insight into the various parameters of representation, including how you can work with multiple dealers or move on from your existing representative
- Learn how best to research and select galleries/reps to approach
- Ascertain what NOT to do (things that are done all the time by artists that have no effect)
- Understand what you SHOULD do (proven to work by professional, successful artists)
- Find out how to make initial contact, follow up and do the ‘dance’ to get representation
- Learn why group shows are beneficial for everyone
- Discover the fundamentals for entering a mutually beneficial and protected working relationship (including understanding that the decision goes two ways)
Susan Mumford is an entrepreneur in the art world. As Founder of Be Smart About Art, her personal mission is to empower individuals who run creative enterprises. Based in London, she works with artists, gallerists and art professionals from all over the world. “Art is your life. Make it your living.” www.besmartaboutart.com